Thanks a lot for showing your interest in publishing your work on our website. We know you have a lot of options out there and are truly humbled that you chose our platform. We invite submissions on a rolling basis around various mental health-related issues, ranging from everyday life struggles to the larger questions around mental health and structural problems. Nothing can replace a narrative of a lived experience and we strongly stand by that.
If you are someone who has been dealing with mental health issues or if you are a caregiver, we would love to hear your experience.
You may choose to write on a topic of your own choice or pick any from the sub-themes below.
- The What/How/Why of mental health
- Interpersonal relationships and mental health
- Lived experience of mental health issues
- Busting myths and taboos around mental health
- Politics, policy framework and mental health
- Privilege, activism and mental health
- Social inequalities and mental health
- All things books, popular culture and artwork around mental health
- Seeking psychological/psychiatric help: different kinds of treatments
- Self-care and managing day-to-day mental health
- You can submit personal stories, articles, artwork or poetry.
- Email your ideas, pitches or submissions to email@example.com with ‘Submission’ in the subject line. Please also mention what kind of submission it is (art/poetry/article/personal story).
- A tentative word limit for blog posts is 500-700 words.
- The word limit for personal stories is 300-400 words.
- While submitting artwork, please ensure to send a high-resolution image. Also, please send along a 50-100 words description of your artwork.
- While submitting personal essays, please share a high-resolution picture of yourself if you would like it to be published with your story. If not, that is perfectly okay too.
- We accept bi-lingual content, both in English and Hindi.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for any kinds of insensitivity towards a specific community or group of people based on their identity (gender, caste, religion and so on and so forth).
- We want to hear YOUR voice, not Google’s. Please don’t submit plagiarised content.
- Please submit a two-line bio along with your submission. We respect that some people would like to publish anonymously. Please let us know if you would like that.
- Please share your social media handles along with your submission if you would like to be tagged on social media.
- We may not accept your submission for a variety of reasons. You will be duly notified in that case.
- Please keep us informed if you are submitting your piece somewhere else simultaneously.
- We love to put our editorial fairies at work every now and then, so we may edit your piece for that extra magic!
- We are a small team and will require a minimum of two weeks to get back to you on the status of your submission.